Monday 10 November 2014

Harvest Monday - 10th November 2014

I don't have much in the way of harvests to report this week, but I'm certainly not short of salad!


This big bowl contains Radicchio, Endive and Lettuce. Here's the Radicchio ("Palla Rossa di Chioggia").


Seen like this it looks small, but it's very tightly packed and when unravelled it seems ten times as big!


This is the Curly Endive I harvested this week.


Here is the finished salad. The Lettuce ("Can Can") was from a previous picking, by the way.


As well as the salads, I picked the carrots I wrote about a couple of days ago and one more of those wonderful "Toledo" leeks:


With leeks like this, you only need one at a time!


That's it for this week. Why not drop by Daphne's Dandelions and see if anyone else has made any contributions to Harvest Monday ?

7 comments:

  1. You picked more than us this week as we have hardly been near the plot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So envious of those salads - we have had to start getting them in the store in the past month. I'm hoping that at some point in the future, I can extend the salad harvest into the early winter months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely salad. And that is one huge leek.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a terrific looking salad, your radicchio is enviable, and so is that leek.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't grow radicchio like you do, it just bolts on me. The salad is right on for the season, but where is the blue cheese?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful radicchio - never tried growing up but you've got me thinking about next year ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even though I garden in a different country (the Netherlands) this week's harvest looks about the same varieties) and endive, plus leeks and some small carrots. In the community garden we've also started harvesing Jerusalem artichokes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment! Please note that Comment Moderation is enabled for older posts.