Friday 18 February 2011

Great Expectations

Regular readers of my blog will know only too well how eager I am to harvest the first of my Sprouting Broccoli (surely the most-photographed plants on the planet!)

Well my latest attempt to convince myself that the broccoli is nearly ready to eat revolve around making them LOOK bigger. See what you think of these:-

Firstly, in "normal" size. (These are the main heads of the plants, not the side-shoots.)









And then "zoomed":









So what do you think? Do they look more appetising in large scale, or not?

P.S. Lots of readers asked for Jane's recipe for that bread with thyme and juniper. She has put the recipe in to a comment on my original post http://marksvegplot.blogspot.com/2011/02/cooking-borlotti.html  If any of you have a go at making it, please let us know how it turns out.

P.P.S. If you like the sound of Jane's recipe, you will probably be interested to read about her collection of cookery books, which is described today in a post on her own blog - http://www.competitiongrapevine.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

  1. hahaha the zooming sure works. they look ready to be eaten. I am sure they will be as tasty as they look

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe not ready to eat yet, but a great picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks the perfect size in the fourth picture. The last two are pretty cool!

    I think that you are going to have to use a little patience and wait a bit...I know it's hard to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. When they are zoomed in, it looks like they are ready for harvesting, but the normal size picture shows that they need some more growth. They do look pretty, I will be growing purple broccoli next time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Close up it looks likee succelant. Letting my imagination run wild.

    ReplyDelete
  6. they are truly beautiful photos. But I don't think they are the most photographed plants...I think that honour should go to Ali's bananas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The first large zoomed one looks just right for the pot!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment! Please note that Comment Moderation is enabled for older posts.